To qualifying individuals, Defenders of Children’s Clinical Services Support Program offers the following services:
- Counseling services for children and parents include:
- Play therapy
- Trauma therapy modalities including Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprogramming (EMDR)
- Adult support groups and psychoeducation classes
- Life skills groups for children
- Social Work Case Management
- Educational Advocacy
Defenders of Children has special programs for serving these specific populations:
- Victims of Domestic, Family & Sexual Violence
- Parents or Guardians of Victims of Child Abuse
- Victims of Human/Sex Trafficking
- FLDS/Polygamy (Former Members & Those Seeking to Leave)
Defenders of Children intervenes upon request of protective family members, court officials or child welfare workers. We will not accept a case if authorities have not yet been contacted and proper channels for assistance have not been sought. We believe our law enforcement and child protection personnel are trained to assess allegations of abuse and equipped to provide protection when needed. They are the appropriate first responders when allegations of child abuse arise.
However, if concerned adults have encountered a brick wall because they have already tried available avenues of intervention and there is still credible evidence that the child remains in a high-risk situation, Defenders of Children will review the circumstances to determine whether to step in with its own resources.