Family Law Services
Participating in the legal system can feel overwhelming, especially for victims of family violence and other forms of abuse. It is easy to become intimidated and discouraged, and hiring an attorney can be very expensive. At Defenders of Children, our dedicated and experienced team of attorneys, paralegals, and legal support staff provide a wide range of trauma-informed family law services at no cost to children and families.
On a case-by-case basis, our legal services include:
- Full representation in court
- Legal document preparation
- Legal advocacy and other brief services
- Legal counsel and advice
- Legal information
On a case-by-case basis, we can help clients in each of the following areas:
- Representation as Victim’s Counsel in Criminal Cases
- Legal Separation
- Child Custody (Legal Decision-Making & Parenting Time)
- Child Support
- Termination of Parental Rights
Please Note: We cannot handle DCS dependency cases
- Orders of Protection
- Injunctions Against Harassment
All legal services are provided for FREE to victims of crime under our grant funding eligibility.
If you are a victim of crime who needs legal assistance to protect yourself or a loved one, the team at Defenders of Children is here to help.