Other Civil Legal Services
Participating in the legal system can feel overwhelming, especially for victims of family violence and other forms of abuse. It is easy to become intimidated and discouraged, and hiring an attorney can be very expensive. At Defenders of Children, our dedicated and experienced team of attorneys, paralegals, and legal support staff provide a wide range of trauma-informed civil legal services at no cost to children and families.
On a case-by-case basis, our legal services include:
- Full representation in court
- Legal document preparation
- Legal advocacy and other brief services
- Legal counsel and advice
- Legal information
On a case-by-case basis, we can help clients in each of the following areas:
- Housing (Including Eviction Prevention, Lease Termination, and Violations of Title VI)
- Consumer (Including Predatory Lending and Violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)
- Education (Including Violations of Title IX)
- Employment (including Violations of Title VII)
- Other Civil Rights Issues (Including Restorations and Set-Asides)
All legal services are provided for FREE to victims of crime under our grant funding eligibility.
If you are a victim of crime who needs legal assistance to protect yourself or a loved one, the team at Defenders of Children is here to help.